When it comes to free weight loss tips, it’s not the “magic cures” that you should pay attention to, it’s the real, solid advice that will set you on a healthy track for the rest of your life. And when you’re starting a new weight loss goal, anything that’ll make things easier on yourself is worth trying. With that in mind, here are 5 steps you should take at the start of your weight loss journey.
1) Buy A Scale: This is the first of the free weight loss tips and it’s a very important one. You’ll need to keep a scale not only to keep track of your weight, but also scales for the kitchen to weigh out proper portions of food. Many of us overeat when we don’t strictly measure our portions!
2) Find Support: If you can find an exercise and/ or dieting buddy then you’ll have support to continue even when things are at their most difficult. Studies show that dieting alongside someone else makes it a lot easier to meet your targets and set up healthy new habits. If there really isn’t anyone who wants to join you, one of the best free weight loss tips is to at least confide in others and share specific goals that will keep yourself accountable.
3) Get A Notepad: You need a notepad to note down the foods you’re eating, and even the exercises you’re doing if that helps. Although it can be tedious, knowing exactly what goes into your body helps you to improve things little by little. You can also use your notepad as a place to vent if you’re feeling frustrated, and to reinforce your goals to help motivate you to continue.
4) Go Through Your Cabinets: If you’re going to be dieting then you don’t want to have temptation all around you in your home. So go through all your cabinets and get rid of food that will lead you astray and won’t serve you well. Then go shopping and buy plenty of healthy snacks, like fruit, that you can have on hand whenever you’re feeling peckish.
5) Choose An Exercise Program: Now that you’ve got everything else sorted, it’s time to work out the kind of exercise you want to do. Although you’ll have to make sacrifices and sometimes do things you won’t enjoy, you can cater your exercise to what feels best for you. This could mean starting by walking every day, or running x amount of miles on the treadmill. Whatever you do, make sure you put it into a solid plan!
We may be biased, but we would also suggest you sign up for our Plate Model Roadmap Weight Loss Programme (currently in development). Complete the form below to be one of the first to hear about the details when we launch.